Northwest church of the Nazarene is committed to the safety and the wholeness of our congregation and community. As information about the virus and the response by authorities is available, the church will adapt to better serve our mission.
Reopening the building
The following are some of the factors that were considered:
- The safety of our congregants and the community
- Our public witness
- The particular needs and circumstances of our congregation
- The guidance of our insurance company, South Central Ohio District, and legal council.
- The latest recommendations/orders from CDC and governmental authorities.
Phase One (Starting June 7)
Congregants in high-risk demographics should be encouraged to remain at home while attending our online services until later phases.
- Building has been sanitized and cleaned with hospital-grade disinfectant
- Services will be Sundays at 11am – There will be no physical activities in the building (Small groups, Bible studies, Children and Youth classes)
- All attendees are encouraged to wear facemasks (disposable facemasks available at the lobby) while in the building
- Entry and Building Exit are in separate doors.
- Seating is spaced to maintain social distancing. During services, facemasks are not necessary
- Worship center entrance and exit marked separate doors
- Service length is 60 minutes or less
Guidelines for those attending:
- Attendees should check their temperature before leaving the house. If 100 degrees or above, even if feeling well, should stay home
- If an attendee or family member is sick, (even with non-covid symptoms) they should stay home
- Children may attend but remain with adult at all times
- Facemasks are encouraged. Disposable masks are available at the lobby. During the service masks are not necessary
- Maintain at least 6ft distance when speaking with people, even with masks
- Make sure to enter and exit the worship center through the correct door
- There will be no offering plate. An offering basket is available at the lobby. Thank you for giving
- If using the restroom, maintain social distancing from other users
- Use hand sanitizer as needed (available in the lobby)
In the event there is an attender with a positive case, the health department will be contacted, and those who attended will be asked to be tested and quarantine if needed.
See the full policy (with all three phases) here!